One of my favorite bloggers - Samantha - posted these the other day & I decided to play along! Feel free to answer a few questions in the comments :) I love getting to know my readers!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? My full name is Brianne, so my nickname is actually Bri. My parents are really the only ones who call me by my full name anymore.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? I have a few Colleen Hoover books on hold at the library that I can't wait to read. It's just been a crazy month & I've barely got any reading done. So... I'll have to skip my February book review & move on to March!
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? My doodling is very limited. When I sidewalk chalk though, I'm pretty limited to sunshines, hearts, flowers, and maybe a house.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? This is rarely a problem, I'm a sleeper. But if it is, I usually play or read on my phone.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? I wouldn't even last a day. I am such a social, on - the - go person. Even on my sickest days, I end up leaving the house for something. I just can't.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? Most I throw away, but I have some really special ones that I saved - like the first Valentine's Day card Eric ever gave me & some special birthday cards from loved ones. I also have a folder of e-mails that mean something to me.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? My mother in law! She has every single thing my husband ever drew in her basement, as well as every outfit my sister in laws ever wore!
8. When making an entrance into a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? I'd have to say my strongest is hearing. If I had to give one up, it'd be taste. Maybe that would help me lose a little weight...
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? I have no clue. There aren't any mirrors in my classroom, so not many I guess. We only have two at our house too... so I would guess mainly just when I'm getting ready.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? I believed that all of Canada was basically like Antartica. Because it's north of New York obviously. Nevermind that it is only an hour drive for us. I was convinced it was a frozen wasteland populated by eskimos.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Iced Tea from Dunkin' Donuts - yes, I can brew tea at home but it's so much better from DD
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? I work with an amazing teacher that is always doing the sweetest things for our staff. She leaves candy in the office, buys a big carafe of coffee from time to time, and even bought everyone a poinsettia at Christmas.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? Super rarely. I get my news online. I only buy it if I'm featured in it for something...
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? Anything that swarms or hunts in a pack. I hate the feeling of being ganged up on.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Avoid. It only adds stress to my life, so I avoid it. I'm always saying to Eric, "How will doing that/saying that help resolve this situation?" It's so bad that I will even change the channel during The Bachelorette because the conflict makes me that uncomfortable.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? I had a parent write me a note about how much I've meant to their daughter as a coach, and it really made my day. I put a lot of time into cheer, time away from my own family, so knowing that it means something to others is nice.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? My scatterbrainedness - not a word, but you know what I mean. I wish I had it more together, but it's just not who I am. I'm sure my husband wishes that I'd change too :)
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Not really, even in the summer when I'm off I don't follow the same routine each day. I am always up for a change in pace.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. Not at all. I am absolutely horrible at keeping up my appearance. I admire people who are impeccably groomed, I am not one of you. Part of it is a time issue & the other part is a money issue. I'd love to get my hair colored every 4 weeks, but we can't afford it, nor do I have the time to make that appointment. Someday...
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? I'm embarassed that it was so long ago, but I'd have to say it was when I ran my half-marathon three years ago.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Lots of acquaintances. I run with a whole lot of circles, so while I do have close friends, I also just know A LOT of people & can hang with them too.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? Build my own.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? As a special education teacher, I work with a lot of behaviorally challenged kids. Seeing a positive change in them is always awe inspiring & hard to explain to others. It's one of those things that you have to live through every day to fully understand, but it's always wonderful to experience.
26. What’s something that amazes you? My daughters - and the fact that they exist because of me & my husband.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? Shoot straight, just rip off the band-aid.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? Hmmm.... we rarely have out of town guests. We have an amazing brunch at The Winfield though, and I am always down to take anyone there.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Lawnwork.
30. Do you have a catchphrase? A catchphrase, no. I do have a mantra though - "It is what it is."
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? I try to keep my beliefs about politics to myself. I am not outspoken about them at all. Therefore, I tend to ignore the posts of others who are outspoken. Again, I hate conflict.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I don't really ever have to study anymore, but I was always a library girl in college.
33. What position do you sleep in? I'm a total stomach sleeper. I missed it so much when I was pregnant.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why? Orlando. I really wish I'd done a Disney internship because I just love the city & all there is to do there. Plus... the weather!
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I am the oldest - and a total control freak as a result. On the positive side, I think it has made me a leader.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I would remove financial limitations :)
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? It would be with my college friends. We drifted after graduation because I got married & had Ella right away. They're all still single & living it up, so while we are cordial when we see each other, it will never be the way it once was.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? In 3rd grade, I wanted to change my name to DJ because of Full House. Not so much now... I think I'd go with Andi or Charli - I love boys names for girls.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss?Why or why not? As a coach - yes. I know kids will be kids & I just don't want to know everything they do once they leave my gym. As a parent, no. I want to know EVERYTHING.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? Murder.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Yes. You can't hold on to things forever. You have to move through it.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? Extremely hard. I expect people to acknowledge their wrong doings. Even if it isn't "I'm sorry," I expect an "I know you don't agree with my choice, but I hope we can move on."
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Not that I can think of...
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I'm pretty skeptical these days.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? My eating habits. Chicken fingers & mac for life!
47. What was the best news you ever received? Eric was in college 3 hours away from me for his freshman year, and it was awful. So for my birthday that year, he put his acceptance letter to the SUNY college next to mine in my birthday card. Being able to live together for the next two years, really cemented our bond & I don't know if we'd still be together today if I hadn't gotten that news.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? Ugh... I hate situations like this because - I hate conflict. This seems to be a recurring theme in these questions for me.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? Jackquelyn, is one of my best friends, and I had no idea what to think of her when she first started working at my school. She is SO loud & SO outspoken - she truly has no filter. But she's my bestie because once you through the bluster, you realize that she has a heart of gold.
50. When do you find yourself singing? While I'm teaching. Sometimes things just pop in to my head... the kids have grown used to it.