Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Recap - Daddy's Out of Town

Like I said on Friday, our weekend got off to an early start with a morning pep rally on the local news, which was followed by a Superintendent's Conference Day for me, then practice. It was the type of day that I would've gotten home & immediately passed at least one of the kids off to Eric, but he was out of town for a "Men's Retreat." 

So, I pulled in to my house at 7 p.m. on Friday - exhausted with two kids to feed & a house that was in dire need of some attention before my mother arrived Saturday morning. I was able to feed everyone, put them to bed, fold all of the laundry, do another load, and pick up the downstairs before calling it a night. 

this cutie just chilled in her swing all evening :) 
Normally when Eric is out of town, I sleep terribly. I just can't settle into a deep sleep when he's not home. Not this time though. I was out like a light & only woke up when Liv beckoned me at 5 a.m. Unfortunately, we woke up Ella in the process of changing Liv's diaper & I had a rather raucous 3 year old playing slumber party in my bed from 5:30 to 7 - which is when I just gave up & got up for the day. 

I knocked out breakfast, baths, and vacuuming - plus the major task of taking care of all the laundry - before my parents arrived at 9. Thankfully, my sister arrived at 8:45 with breakfast & a large tea for me because even though I had everyone else pulled together, bathed, and fed. I couldn't say the same for myself. 

this is how Liv feels about baths...
Once my parents were there, I was able to get myself ready & out the door for our first competition of the season. We got second. I'm a little bitter about it. But we have a shot at redemption next Saturday & that's what I'm focusing on now. 

After competition, I came home to pizza & wings with my family. I had just enough time to eat & change my clothes, then I headed out the door with my sister to go see The Newsies!

The show is based off of one of my sister's favorite movies, and had tons of tap dancing, so I really enjoyed it. But, we've decided we're getting tickets to the 1 p.m. shows from now on because we're old ladies & were ready to fall asleep by the time the show ended at 10:30. I slept like a log again & Liv slept through the night, not waking up until 5:45! I needed the rest too because Sunday was another very busy day! 

We started with brunch at our favorite diner... 

Then it was time to get ready for Zoo Boo! 

Ella decided to be Princess Sofia for Halloween & I was lucky enough to find her costume for less than $20 at Costco. She is beyond excited to be Sofia & wanted her sister to be Sofia's pet rabbit - Clover. I thought this was so clever for a 3 year old to come up with, so of course I made it happen. But... the Etsy shop that I ordered Olivia's bunny hat didn't ship it in time, so we had to improve with a bunny hoodie instead. I'm really disappointed about that, but it is scheduled to arrive Tuesday, so at least she'll have it when we actually go trick or treating at the end of the month. 

As always, Ella loved Zoo Boo & came home absolutely exhausted, which meant naps for everyone! 

Once everyone was awake, it was quickly discovered that we had absolutely nothing to eat in our house. So, we loaded up the car & made a run to Target - because I simply couldn't handle a full out grocery trip with both the kids by that point. 

Once we were home, we ate our dinner, got in our PJs & watched shows while waiting for daddy to get home. 

And the best part of our weekend is that it isn't over yet! We're off to the Pumpkin Patch with Grammy Nancy & Aunt Allison today :) 

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...