I definitely didn't want to make the same trifle I'd just made on Sunday, so I decided to take it in a completely different direction. And what's the opposite of angel food cake with fruit? Easy... chocolate with peanut butter! Hence, my Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle was born!
What You'll Need:
- Brownies - You can either make a large pan from a box, or take the super easy road (like I did) & buy a batch of brownie bites from the grocery store.
- Cool Whip (Larger Tub)
- Chocolate Pudding (Larger Box)
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups - I used Reese's but Trader Joe's makes really good ones too!
- Peanut Butter Chips
Throwing It Together:
- Follow the directions on the box to make your chocolate pudding.
- While your pudding sets, use a knife to chop up the peanut butter cups, then separate them into two piles.
- Crumble your brownies, then separate them into two piles. Use one of the piles to cover the bottom of the trifle dish, then set aside the other pile to use later.
- Your pudding should be ready now, so pour half of it over top of the first brownie layer.
- Use half the Cool Whip to create the next layer of the trifle.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped peanut butter cups & about 1 cup of the peanut butter chips on top of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat! Layer the remaining brownies, pudding, and Cool Whip.
- Use the remaining chopped peanut butter cups to decorate the top of the trifle.
...and there you have it! Super simple, quick, and delicious!
This ended up being the perfect lake dessert! We served it in red solo cups with plastic spoons & everyone sat around in camp chairs devouring it. It's definitely a must-try for your next picnic or summer gathering!