The truth is though, she's most definitely growing up. At 3 years old, Ella is...
- Talking in complete sentences, with a vocabulary that puts some of my middle schoolers to shame. I have no idea where she comes up with some of the things she says, but she regularly surprises me with just how articulate she is.
- On the go. She moves from one thing to the next at a break neck pace. She'll be in the playroom playing with blocks one minute, then asking to the go to the yard the next, only to running inside to watch a show the next.
- In love with twirly dresses. Seriously, everything has to be twirly. I have to work really hard some morning to convince her that an outfit is "twirly" enough to meet her standards. And if you take her shopping, you'll have to work hard too. My mom just said to me about a month ago that she never dreamed she'd take a 2 year old shopping & have her tell her that she didn't like something. Girl knows her style.
- The best big sister. I didn't know exactly how she'd react to bringing Olivia home, but she's totally embraced her helper role & I just love to watch them together.
- Still napping in the afternoon. A lot of people have asked me if she's started to fight me on her nap, and the truth is that yes, some days she does. But those days are few & far between. Most days, she goes down without a problem, or I even find her passed out on her own. It probably helps that Miss Jennie & I are both determined that she's going to keep it up a little bit longer. We need some peace & quiet in our afternoons!
- A mama's girl. Sure, she loves her daddy, but I'm her favorite. I secretly love that she's so attached to me. Sure, I complain when I can't get a minute to myself to take a shower, but I know she won't be so attached to me forever, so I try to embrace it as much as possible.
And just for giggles, I thought it'd be fun to ask Ella a few questions...
- Favorite Food: Macaroni & Cheese (you know, the Kraft stuff... only the best for our Ella)
- Favorite Song: Let It Go
- Best Friend: Addy
- Cupcake or Ice Cream: Ice Cream
- What do you want for your birthday?
- Hopper Balls
- Dress Up Clothes
- Beach Ball