Today I'm linking up with Pinterest Told Me To, a site that I just recently came across & absolutely fell in love with. As a fellow Pinterst & shopping addict, she speaks to my heart.
Here is the inspiration for yesterday's outfit...
I really wanted to replicate the green on bottom with neutral stripes on top. Luckily, I had all of the pieces my closet! It didn't seem like enough though when I put it on, so I added a gold statement necklace to jazz it up.
And here is what it looked like on me...
|my sincere apologies for the sucky lighting... my house is horrible for taking pictures in|
- My green cords are from Gap. I love the color, but they stretch out very quickly. I don't wear them as often as I'd like, simply because I hate pulling them up every five minutes at school.
- My sweater is from Banana Republic, I got it for Christmas last year. I picked it because I just love the preppy elbow patches!
- My flats are from J.Crew & I've posted about them before - they're over 5 years old & are still amazing! Such a good investment piece.
- The gold necklace I'm wearing is from Lia Sophia. My old boss used to sell Lia Sophia & whenever she'd have extra discounts she'd throw them my way. I'd completely forgotten about this piece, so when I found it last weekend I was pumped! (Sidenote - I really need to organize my jewelry.)
- You can't see them well, but my earrings are by Marc Jacobs.
I got a ton of compliments on my prepster style at work. Surprisingly, everyone seemed to like my hair too, which made me laugh because I thought I looked like a total slob kabob! Thank God messy buns are in!
What are you up to this weekend?
I have a long run to fit in, and my in-laws are coming up to take us out to lunch!